Barn Home Kit
This two bedroom, two bathroom barn home kit delights with its open-concept design. A sweeping first floor layout includes a large kitchen, dining and great room area, as well as a private office. The upstairs features a tucked away living quarters, which includes a large master suite with a private bathroom, and a second bedroom with an additional bathroom in the hallway.
Designed in the reliable method of post and beam construction, this barn home is built to last. With proper maintenance, this heavy timber barn-style home will stand proudly for generations to come. This barn home kit comes standard with cedar board and batten siding, a covered patio, Douglas fir stairs, a premium window package from Andersen and knotty alder exterior doors.Learn More
- Barn Home
- 2,000 sq. ft.
- 2 bathrooms
Select desired size:
The Fremont is our premium barn home kit that offers 2,000 sq. ft. of modifiable space – perfect as a starter home for solos and small families! This two-story structure can accommodate up to two bedrooms and two bathrooms, but can easily be expanded to include more. Depending on your needs, this space can also be used as a workshop with an upstairs storage area or an office building.
Select desired size:
The Fremont Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the Fremont shows a spacious open-concept main level with all the comforts of a modern home. A private first floor office makes an ideal space for freelancers seeking some much needed solitude, while the wide-open great room and kitchen are wonderful for entertaining guests. The upstairs layout boasts an extra large master bedroom and en suite bathroom, as well as an additional bathroom and bedroom that can function as a secondary office or storage room.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Cabin or Beach House
- Guest House
The Fremont barn home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 28′ ridge height
- 7/12 & 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, ridge beams, collar ties and king posts
- Appearance-grade glulam rafter beams and loft beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- Open web floor trusses
- Rainscreen wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- 4′ stair package with cedar handrailing
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout second level
- Select tongue and groove siding throughout lower level
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (28) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors with bronze hardware
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 400 series French door
- (12) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (2) large and (10) small
- (4) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber knee braces
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
Full material lists for each model can be found below:
The FremontView Materials
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No barn home package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.
REQUEST A FREE DIGITAL CATALOG
Start planning the structure of your dreams with the latest DC Structures product catalog, containing loads of information on pricing, materials, options and upgrades, photos, videos and more.