Barn Home Kit
This two bedroom, two bathroom barn home kit delights with its open-concept design. A sweeping first floor layout includes a large kitchen, dining and great room area, as well as a private office. The upstairs features a tucked away living quarters, which includes a large master suite with a private bathroom, and a second bedroom with an additional bathroom in the hallway.
Designed in the reliable method of post and beam construction, this barn home is built to last. With proper maintenance, this heavy timber barn-style home will stand proudly for generations to come. This barn home kit comes standard with cedar board and batten siding, a covered patio, Douglas fir stairs, a premium window package from Andersen and knotty alder exterior doors.
- Barn Home
- 2,000 sq. ft.
- 2 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Fremont is a premium barn home kit that offers 2,000 sq. ft. of modifiable space – perfect as a starter home for solos and small families! This two-story structure can accommodate up to two bedrooms and two bathrooms, but can easily be expanded to include more. Depending on your needs, this space can also be used as a workshop with an upstairs storage area or an office building.
Select desired size:
The Fremont Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the Fremont shows a spacious open-concept main level with all the comforts of a modern home. A private first floor office makes an ideal space for freelancers seeking some much needed solitude, while the wide-open great room and kitchen are wonderful for entertaining guests. The upstairs layout boasts an extra large master bedroom and en suite bathroom, as well as an additional bathroom and bedroom that can function as a secondary office or storage room.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Cabin or Beach House
- Guest House
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Fremont barn home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 28′ ridge height
- 7/12 & 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, ridge beams, collar ties and king posts
- Appearance-grade glulam rafter beams and loft beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- Open web floor trusses
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- 4′ stair package with cedar handrailing
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout second level
- Select tongue and groove siding throughout lower level
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (28) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors with bronze hardware
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 400 series French door
- (12) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (2) large and (10) small
- (4) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber knee braces
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The fremont Standard Options
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Douglas Fir Tongue & Groove
DC Structures sources the finest select grade Douglas fir for our Douglas fir tongue and groove offering.
Andersen™ 100 Series
Made with Andersen’s patented Fibrex® composite material, Andersen™ 100 Series windows offer twice the strength of vinyl.
Raised Panel Door
Our standard door option is a 3’0 x 6’8 stile and rail wood door made with premium quality Knotty Alder.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades