Custom Home Kit
Designed for those who love the look of mountain lodge-style homes, the Alder strikes the perfect balance between rustic and contemporary influences. This three-bedroom, four-bathroom home features multiple hobby rooms, a two-car garage, and a beautiful back porch — all of which are customizable to your style, taste, and needs. This unique residential design offers 3,677 square feet of conditioned living space plus over 1,000 square feet of deck and garage space. With the help of our talented designers, you can transform the Alder into a modern family home, a vacation rental, or even a one-of-a-kind commercial workspace modified to your business.
This pre-engineered building model is stick-framed with Douglas fir rafters sourced from the Pacific Northwest. Pre-manufactured roof trusses in the garage create an expansive space that gives you total freedom with your layout and design, allowing you to configure your garage area however you see fit. The Alder comes standard with dozens of premium building materials, including cedar board and batten siding, CDX roof sheathing, custom concealed knife plates, and FOHC Douglas fir columns, rafters, and beams. With this custom home kit, you can easily bring your vision for a rustic mountain home to life.
- Custom Home
- 3,677 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
This stunning lodge-inspired home features numerous open-ended spaces that you can modify to match your vision, including three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a two-car garage, and multiple hobby rooms. Like our farmhouse home kits, the Alder comes with covered porches in the front and rear that add to its stately appearance. This pre-engineered building model also boasts a spacious living room with high ceilings, a tall stone fireplace, and a row of clerestories that brighten the overall space.
Select desired size:
Alder Floor Plan Details
Perfect for families and entertainers alike, the Alder offers all the comforts of a traditional family home and then some. This floor plan features three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a two-car garage, an open-concept living space, and four additional office/hobby rooms. However, clients can easily tailor the existing layout to meet their lifestyle needs. Covered porches in the front and back of the structure add a great deal of character and charm to this home design, giving it a distinct rustic appearance reminiscent of luxury mountain lodges.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Commercial Building
- Vacation Home
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Alder custom home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 5,110 Total Sq. Ft.
- (3) Bedrooms; (4) Bathrooms
- 24′ – 9″ Top Ridge Height
- First Floor Master Bedroom with Walk-in Closet and Private Bathroom
- First Floor Mud/Laundry Room
- First Floor Additional Bedroom and Study
- Attached 695 Sq. Ft. Garage
- Decorative Covered Entry w/Truss
- Second Floor w/ IRC Rated Open Web Floor Joists & 1-1/8″ T&G Edge Gold Floor Sheathing
- (2) Second Floor Bedrooms with Bathrooms
- Select Grade FOHC Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Columns, Ridge Beams, Rafter Beams, Loft Beams, Collar Ties, & King Posts
- Pre-Manufactured Roof Trusses in Garage
- 2″ x 12″ Douglas Fir Rafters
- All Interior Wall Framing (per standard plan)
- 4′ Wide Stair Package
- 2″ x 6″ Wall Framing Throughout All Exterior Walls
- (3) Andersen Doors per standard door schedule
- (36) Andersen 100 series windows per standard window schedule
- CDX Roof Sheathing
- Exterior Wall Protection System w/ Vapor Barrier Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Board & Batten Siding Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Exterior Door & Window Trim
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Belly Band & Fascia
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates w/ Anchor Bolts
- Black Powder-Coated Finish on Exposed Post & Beam Hardware (Excluding Nuts & Bolts)
- Custom Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Corbels
- (2) Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (County-specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/ Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction from our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walk-through of the final design (Upon Request)
The alder Standard Options
Andersen™ 100 Series
Made with Andersen’s patented Fibrex® composite material, Andersen™ 100 Series windows offer twice the strength of vinyl.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades