Modern Home Kit
The Skyline Modern Home Kit is a contemporary home design that offers a bold new take on our signature heavy timber style. Single-sloped rooflines, window walls, and mixed siding materials contribute to this model’s unique appearance, creating a vibrant exterior defined by its varying colors and textures. Inside, you’ll find a primary bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, an open-concept living, dining, and kitchen area, a mud/laundry room, and a two-car garage with an attached shop on the main level. Upstairs, two additional bedrooms with private bathrooms, a recreational room, and an office offer the perfect set-up for small families and creatives.
We designed this pre-engineered building model with premium Douglas fir timbers and parallel chord roof trusses for enhanced durability and flexibility. With no structural posts to work around, you can enjoy an expansive interior that offers unlimited possibilities for your space. Our Skyline building package comes standard with detailed blueprints, select-grade Douglas fir framing lumber, all interior wall framing, CDX roof sheathing, hardware, and more. No matter what you have in mind for your personalized Skyline, our designers are here to make your dreams a reality.
- Modern Home
- 2,094 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
Our Skyline Modern Home Kit features a one-of-a-kind design perfect for those who love the look of contemporary residences. The first floor opens to a foyer with a primary bedroom suite on the left and an open concept living, kitchen, and dining area in the rear. A mudroom and laundry area outside the living space connects with a two-car garage with an attached shop. On the second story, you’ll find two additional bedrooms with private bathrooms, a recreational room, and an office. Clients can enjoy a cozy deck outside the recreation room and a covered porch near the entrance.
Select desired size:
Skyline Floor Plan Details
This unique family-friendly floor plan boasts three bedrooms, three-and-a-half bathrooms, and plenty of flexible space for entertainment, work, and hobbies. The first floor consists of a primary bedroom suite with an adjoining bathroom and walk-in closet, an open-concept living, dining, and kitchen area, a laundry area and mud room, and a two-car garage with room for a workshop. Clients can also take advantage of a covered porch outside the entrance that offers a place to kick back and relax after work. Upstairs, two additional bedrooms with connecting bathrooms, a recreational room with a cozy deck, and an office complete the upper level.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Vacation Home
- Commercial Building
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Skyline modern home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 3,054 Total Sq. Ft.
- (3) Bedrooms; (3.5) Bathrooms
- 23′ – 8 9/16″ Top Ridge Height
- First Floor Master Bedroom with Walk-in Closet and Private Bathroom
- First Floor Mud/Laundry Room, Powder Room
- Attached is an 619 Sq. Ft. Garage
- 1/12, 1.5/12 and 2/12 Roof Pitch
- Decorative Heavy Timber Shed Style Covered Entry
- Second Floor w/ IRC Rated Open Web Floor Joists & 1-1/8″ T&G Edge Gold Floor Sheathing
- (2) Second Floor Bedrooms with Bathrooms
- Second Floor Rec. Room and Office
- Second Floor 125 SF Deck
- Select Grade FOHC Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Columns, Ridge Beams, Rafter Beams, Loft Beams, Collar Ties, & King Posts
- Pre-Manufactured Parallel Chord Roof Trusses
- 2″ x 12″ Douglas Fir Entry Rafters, Outriggers
- All Interior Wall Framing (per standard plan)
- 4′ Wide Stair Package
- 2″ x 6″ Wall Framing Throughout All Exterior Walls
- (19) Andersen 100 Series windows per standard window schedule
- (3) Andersen E-Series doors per standard door schedule
- CDX Roof Sheathing
- Exterior Wall Protection System w/ Vapor Barrier Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Siding Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Exterior Door & Window Trim
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Belly Band & Fascia
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates w/ Anchor Bolts
- Black Powder-Coated Finish on Exposed Post & Beam Hardware (Excluding Nuts & Bolts)
- (2) Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (County-specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/ Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction from our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walk-through of the final design (Upon Request)
The skyline Standard Options
Andersen™ 100 Series
Made with Andersen’s patented Fibrex® composite material, Andersen™ 100 Series windows offer twice the strength of vinyl.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Cedar Tongue & Groove
Our cedar tongue and groove siding is made with select tight knot Western red cedar sourced from the Pacific Northwest.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades