Modern Home Kit
Inspired by our popular Cornelius Contemporary Custom Home project, this modern home kit has all the makings of an award-winning residential design. With its floor-to-ceiling windows, sloped rooflines, and massive heavy timber components, this stunning timber frame residence offers the ideal set-up for clients with scenic hillside or cliffside properties. The Timberline boasts three bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms, an open-concept living space, an office, a TV room, and a lower-level garage. Although this home is naturally suited to a sloped property, our designers can easily tailor its design to match your unique site characteristics.
Like the Cornelius custom home, this pre-engineered building model features select-grade Douglas fir and appearance-grade glulam columns and rafters as part of its impressive framework. It also comes with a decorative heavy timber entryway that clients can either keep as is or reconfigure to their liking. Additionally, this model comes standard with highly-detailed blueprints, tongue and groove roof decking, and select tight knot cedar board and batten siding, trim, and fascia, in addition to hardware, knife plates, and other necessary framing items. If you’re seeking a luxurious yet minimalistic home for your property, look no further than our Timberline Modern Home Kit!
- Modern Home
- 4,098 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Timberline Modern Home Kit features a sweeping layout with a two-car garage, three bedrooms, three-and-a-half bathrooms, and an open-concept living space with panoramic views. The main level consists of a modern kitchen, dining, and living area with glass curtain walls, a TV room, an office, a laundry room, and a spacious primary bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet. Upstairs, you’ll find an entertainment loft and two additional bedrooms with a shared bathroom that you can utilize as guest quarters, kids’ rooms, or anything else you envision.
Select desired size:
Timberline Floor Plan Details
This floor plan offers three levels of modifiable living space that you can easily personalize to meet your needs. The main level opens to a large kitchen, dining, and living area with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer beautiful property views. There’s also an office, a TV room, a laundry room, and a generous primary bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. The upper level offers two bedrooms with a shared bathroom and a loft space — perfect for kids or guests. You can also utilize a two-car garage with a half bathroom on the lower level.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Vacation Home
- Commercial Building
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Timberline modern home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 5,127 Sq. Ft. Total
- (3) Bedrooms; (3.5) Bathrooms
- 24′ 10″ Top Ridge Height
- First Floor Master Bedroom with Walk-in Closet, Private Bathroom
- First Floor Office, TV Room & Laundry Room
- Attached is a 1,027 Sq. Ft. Garage
- 1/12 Roof Pitch
- Decorative Heavy Timber Covered Entry
- Second Floor w/ IRC Rated Open Web Floor Joists & 1-1/8″ T&G Edge Gold Floor Sheathing
- (2) Additional Second Floor Bedrooms, Loft Space and Mech. Room
- Select Grade FOHC Douglas Fir and Glulam Heavy Timber Columns & Rafter Beams
- Glulam Clear Span Rafters
- Select Grade 2″ x 6″ T&G Roof Decking Over the Rafters
- All Interior Wall Framing (per standard plan)
- 4′ Wide Stairs
- 2″ x 6″ Wall Framing Throughout All Exterior Walls
- CDX Roof Sheathing
- Weather Resistant Barrier Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Board and Batten Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Exterior Door & Window Trim
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Fascia
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates w/ Anchor Bolts
- Black-Powder Coated Finish on Exposed Post & Beam Hardware (Excluding Nuts & Bolts)
- (2) Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (County-specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/ Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction from our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walkthrough of the final design (Upon Request)
DOES NOT INCLUDE WINDOWS, OR DOORS IN KIT PRICE
The timberline Standard Options
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Douglas Fir Tongue & Groove
DC Structures sources the finest select grade Douglas fir for our Douglas fir tongue and groove offering.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades