Barn Home Kit
With three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a 2,707 sq. ft. floor plan, the Alberta barn home kit features a carefully designed floor plan suited for a perfect family home. All of our barn homes boast the classic DC Structures heavy timber look, but only the Alberta is built in the gambrel style, a unique double-pitch roof design seen in traditional American hay barns. In addition to two stories of living and entertaining space, the Alberta includes an open-concept great room with vaulted ceilings.
Built from the finest Douglas fir posts and beams from the Pacific Northwest, this barn home provides the warmth and comfort you would look for in any family home. The natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents will add value to any property. With hundreds of options and upgrades to choose from, the Alberta is the perfect starting point for any family looking for a rustic, one-of-a-kind dream home.Learn More
- Barn Home
- 2,707 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Alberta is a perfect gambrel-style home for any family.
The Alberta is a premium gambrel-style barn home kit that offers 2,707 sq. ft. of modifiable space to create the perfect family home. This two-story structure can accommodate up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms, but can be expanded to include more. An office and a multifunctional loft are also part of the standard plan.
Select desired size:
The Alberta Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the Alberta barn home showcases the openness and livability of this design. The great room, dining room and kitchen are completely open under sky-high ceilings. All of our pre-engineered barn home packages come with the highest quality materials to create a structurally sound and beautiful home.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Cabin or Beach House
- Income Property
- Guest House
The Alberta barn home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- (7) Gable Dormers w/Windows
- Non-Functioning Cedar Cupola
- 27’ Ridge Height (30′ 9″ to Top of Cupola)
- 5/12 & 26/12 Gambrel Roof Pitch
- Select Grade Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Columns, Ridge Beams, Collar Ties, & King Posts
- Appearance-Grade Glulam Rafter Beams & Loft Beams
- Black Powder Coated Finish on Select Hardware
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates
- Insulation-Ready 2” x 6” Exterior Wall Construction
- CDX Roof Sheathing
- WRB Wall System with Vapor Barrier
- Interior Wall Framing (Per Plan)
- 4’ Wide Stair Package with Cedar Handrailing
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Board & Batten Siding Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Exterior Door & Window Trim
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Belly Band & Fascia
- (30) Andersen 100 Series Windows with Screens
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 Exterior Grade 2 Panel 6 Lite Knotty Alder Door w/Bronze Hardware
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 400 Series French Door
- (12) Custom Handcrafted Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Corbels
- (1) Handcrafted Heavy Timber Truss
- Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction From Our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (Upon Request)
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No barn home package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.