Barn Home Kit
With three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a 2,707 sq. ft. floor plan, the Alberta barn home kit features a carefully designed floor plan suited for a perfect family home. All of our barn homes boast the classic DC Structures heavy timber look, but only the Alberta is built in the gambrel style, a unique double-pitch roof design seen in traditional American hay barns. In addition to two stories of living and entertaining space, the Alberta includes an open-concept great room with vaulted ceilings.
Built from the finest Douglas fir posts and beams from the Pacific Northwest, this barn home provides the warmth and comfort you would look for in any family home. The natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents will add value to any property. With hundreds of options and upgrades to choose from, the Alberta is the perfect starting point for any family looking for a rustic, one-of-a-kind dream home.Learn More
- Barn Home
- 2,707 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Alberta is a perfect gambrel-style home for any family.
The Alberta is a premium gambrel-style barn home kit that offers 2,707 sq. ft. of modifiable space to create the perfect family home. This two-story structure can accommodate up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms, but can be expanded to include more. An office and a multifunctional loft are also part of the standard plan.
Select desired size:
The Alberta Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the Alberta barn home showcases the openness and livability of this design. The great room, dining room and kitchen are completely open under sky-high ceilings. All of our pre-engineered barn home packages come with the highest quality materials to create a structurally sound and beautiful home.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Cabin or Beach House
- Income Property
- Guest House
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Alberta barn home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- (7) Gable Dormers w/Windows
- Non-Functioning Cedar Cupola
- 27’ Ridge Height (30′ 9″ to Top of Cupola)
- 5/12 & 26/12 Gambrel Roof Pitch
- Select Grade Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Columns, Ridge Beams, Collar Ties, & King Posts
- Appearance-Grade Glulam Rafter Beams & Loft Beams
- Black Powder Coated Finish on Select Hardware
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates
- Insulation-Ready 2” x 6” Exterior Wall Construction
- CDX Roof Sheathing
- WRB Wall System with Vapor Barrier
- Interior Wall Framing (Per Plan)
- 4’ Wide Stair Package with Cedar Handrailing
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Board & Batten Siding Throughout Exterior
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Exterior Door & Window Trim
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Belly Band & Fascia
- (30) Andersen 100 Series Windows with Screens
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 Exterior Grade 2 Panel 6 Lite Knotty Alder Door w/Bronze Hardware
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 400 Series French Door
- (12) Custom Handcrafted Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Corbels
- (1) Handcrafted Heavy Timber Truss
- Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction From Our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (Upon Request)
The alberta Standard Options
A gable dormer is a roofed structure that sits on a sloped roof and forms a triangular shape at the top.
Made with four cedar vents, our vented cupolas can either be functional or non-functional depending on your preference.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Andersen™ 100 Series
Made with Andersen’s patented Fibrex® composite material, Andersen™ 100 Series windows offer twice the strength of vinyl.
Raised Panel Door
Our standard door option is a 3’0 x 6’8 stile and rail wood door made with premium quality Knotty Alder.
Andersen™ 400 Series French Door
Far from ordinary, Andersen’s Frenchwood® patio doors are made with wood protected by vinyl and offer several customization options for your design.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More