Barn Home Kit
The Hawthorne barn home kit boasts a family-friendly design that includes three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. This home’s open-concept living and dining area with covered porch are great for entertaining. Upstairs, children or guests have free reign of two bedrooms and a shared bathroom, while parents can enjoy the seclusion of the master bedroom on the main level.
Designed using the durable method of post and beam construction, this sturdy barn home is built to last. Pacific Northwest cedar siding and select-grade Douglas fir posts and beams create the feel of a timber frame home, while the cupola and raised center aisle call to mind a classic American barn. Knotty alder exterior doors and heavy timber accents add to the high-end rustic aesthetic.Learn More
- Barn Home
- 2,050 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Hawthorne is a mid-sized barn home kit that boasts a flexible design and impressive post and beam features. With 2,050 sq. ft. of space, this monitor-style structure offers plenty of room for up to three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. The Hawthorne also comes with a 432 sq. ft. covered porch — perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing outdoors.
Select desired size:
The Hawthorne Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Hawthorne illustrates the layout for a three bedroom home with an open-concept living and dining area. A large master bedroom with an en suite bathroom is located on the main level, with an additional two bedrooms and a shared bathroom upstairs. The 432 sq. ft. covered porch adds a welcoming touch to the front entrance and makes an incredible place for hosting friends and family.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Cabin or Beach House
- Guest House
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Hawthorne barn home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 22′ 4″ ridge height (25′ 2″ to top of cupola)
- 6/12 & 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, ridge beams, collar ties and king posts
- Aesthetic cedar cupola
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- T&G floor sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- 4′ stair package with cedar handrailing
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- 2x loft floor joists
- (34) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 400 series French door
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder door with bronze hardware
- (10) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- (10) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber knee braces
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The hawthorne Standard Options
Made with four cedar vents, our vented cupolas can either be functional or non-functional depending on your preference.
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Andersen™ 100 Series
Made with Andersen’s patented Fibrex® composite material, Andersen™ 100 Series windows offer twice the strength of vinyl.
Andersen™ 400 Series French Door
Far from ordinary, Andersen’s Frenchwood® patio doors are made with wood protected by vinyl and offer several customization options for your design.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More