Barn Home Kit
The Hawthorne barn home kit boasts a family-friendly design that includes three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. This home’s open-concept living and dining area with covered porch are great for entertaining. Upstairs, children or guests have free reign of two bedrooms and a shared bathroom, while parents can enjoy the seclusion of the master bedroom on the main level.
Designed using the durable method of post and beam construction, this sturdy barn home is built to last. Pacific Northwest cedar siding and select-grade Douglas fir posts and beams create the feel of a timber frame home, while the cupola and raised center aisle call to mind a classic American barn. Knotty alder exterior doors and heavy timber accents add to the high-end rustic aesthetic.Learn More
- Barn Home
- 2,050 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Hawthorne is a mid-sized barn home kit that boasts a flexible design and impressive post and beam features. With 2,050 sq. ft. of space, this monitor-style structure offers plenty of room for up to three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. The Hawthorne also comes with a 432 sq. ft. covered porch — perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing outdoors.
Select desired size:
The Hawthorne Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Hawthorne illustrates the layout for a three bedroom home with an open-concept living and dining area. A large master bedroom with an en suite bathroom is located on the main level, with an additional two bedrooms and a shared bathroom upstairs. The 432 sq. ft. covered porch adds a welcoming touch to the front entrance and makes an incredible place for hosting friends and family.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Cabin or Beach House
- Guest House
The Hawthorne barn home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 22′ 4″ ridge height (25′ 2″ to top of cupola)
- 6/12 & 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, ridge beams, collar ties and king posts
- Aesthetic cedar cupola
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- T&G floor sheathing
- Rainscreen wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- 4′ stair package with cedar handrailing
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (34) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 400 series French door
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder door with bronze hardware
- (10) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- (10) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber knee braces
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
Full material lists for each model can be found below:
The HawthorneView Materials
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No barn home package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.
REQUEST A FREE DIGITAL CATALOG
Start planning the structure of your dreams with the latest DC Structures product catalog, containing loads of information on pricing, materials, options and upgrades, photos, videos and more.