With one bedroom, one bathroom and a 776 sq. ft. floor plan, the Deschutes cabin kit is a small but sturdy cabin design fit for any property. All of our cabins boast the classic DC Structures heavy timber look, with cedar siding and sturdy post an beam construction, and the Deschutes is no exception.
The Deschutes has a compact 20′ x 36′ building footprint and can be built almost anywhere you can drive a truck, from the family homestead to the deep backwoods. Built from the finest Douglas fir posts and beams from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would look for in any cabin or vacation home. The Deschutes also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.Learn More
- 20′ x 36′
- 776 sq. ft.
- 1 Bedroom
Select desired size:
The Deschutes is a perfect home for anyone searching for a rustic cabin with a reduced carbon footprint. With 776 sq. ft. of modifiable space, this sturdy structure can house up to one bedroom and one bathroom. Vaulted ceilings and double stacked windows give the illusion of extra living space, with natural wood and heavy timber accents adding an aesthetic appeal to the overall exterior.
Select desired size:
The Deschutes Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan illustrates the open-concept interior of the Deschutes cabin. The wide-open kitchen, living, and dining areas are perfect for hosting friends and family. A spacious bedroom and full bathroom with ample storage and closet space offer all the familiar comforts of a traditional home.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House
The Deschutes cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 17′ 5″ ridge height
- 9/12 & 4/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- Open web floor trusses
- Rainscreen wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (12) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors with bronze hardware
- (8) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (2) large and (6) small
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
Full material lists for each model can be found below:
The DeschutesView Materials
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.
REQUEST A FREE DIGITAL CATALOG
Start planning the barn of your dreams with the latest DC Structures product catalog, containing loads of information on pricing, materials, options and upgrades, photos, videos and more.
most of our models:
• All Barn Home Kits
• All Cabin Kits
• All Event Barn Kits
• All Pavilion Kits
- OR -
- OR -