With a studio bedroom, one bathroom and a 651 sq. ft. floor plan, the McKenzie cabin kit is our smallest structure, but one of our best values. Despite its stature, the McKenzie still reflects the signature DC Structures heavy timber look, with rustic cedar siding and post and beam construction.
The McKenzie has a compact 24′ x 30′ building footprint and can fit almost anywhere, whether as an accessory dwelling or as the centerpiece of your vacation property. Built from the finest heavy timbers and dimensional lumber from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would look for in any cabin or vacation home. The McKenzie also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, heavy timber accents, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.
- 24' x 30'
- 651 sq. ft.
- 1 Studio bedroom
Select desired size:
The McKenzie is a fun-sized cabin with a stunning exterior and wide-open floor plan. With 651 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this kit can be easily customized to fit your lifestyle. High-end features such as heavy timber accents and post and beam construction set this kit apart from standard cabin models on the current market. Double stacked windows and vaulted ceilings also add a uniquely modern touch to the space.
Select desired size:
The McKenzie Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the McKenzie kit offers a studio-style living space, with an exposed bedroom and open-concept layout for the kitchen and living areas. An attached laundry room with folding doors is located near the entry. A large kitchen with a generous eating bar gives you the ability to entertain guests, even in this cozy structure built for one.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The McKenzie cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 18′ 10 3/4″ ridge height
- 9/12 & 4/12 roof pitch
- 8′ x 5′ covered portico entry
- (2) widows peaks
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board and batten siding
- Select grade tongue and groove siding
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (10) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite door with bronze hardware
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 100 series sliding glass door
- (8) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (4) large and (4) small
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The mckenzie Standard Options
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Cedar Tongue & Groove
Our cedar tongue and groove siding is made with select tight knot Western red cedar sourced from the Pacific Northwest.
Flat Panel Door
Made from premium quality Knotty Alder, this flat 2-panel, 6 lite Craftsman-style door adds charm to any heavy timber structure.
Andersen™ 100 Series Patio Door
Designed with Andersen’s Fibrex® composite material, these sliding patio doors offer superior durability and function.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades