With a studio bedroom, one bathroom and a 651 sq. ft. floor plan, the McKenzie cabin kit is our smallest structure, but one of our best values. Despite its stature, the McKenzie still reflects the signature DC Structures heavy timber look, with rustic cedar siding and post and beam construction.
The McKenzie has a compact 24′ x 30′ building footprint and can fit almost anywhere, whether as an accessory dwelling or as the centerpiece of your vacation property. Built from the finest heavy timbers and dimensional lumber from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would look for in any cabin or vacation home. The McKenzie also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, heavy timber accents, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.Learn More
- 24' x 30'
- 651 sq. ft.
- 1 Studio bedroom
Select desired size:
The McKenzie is a fun-sized cabin with a stunning exterior and wide-open floor plan. With 651 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this kit can be easily customized to fit your lifestyle. High-end features such as heavy timber accents and post and beam construction set this kit apart from standard cabin models on the current market. Double stacked windows and vaulted ceilings also add a uniquely modern touch to the space.
Select desired size:
The McKenzie Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the McKenzie kit offers a studio-style living space, with an exposed bedroom and open-concept layout for the kitchen and living areas. An attached laundry room with folding doors is located near the entry. A large kitchen with a generous eating bar gives you the ability to entertain guests, even in this cozy structure built for one.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
The McKenzie cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 18′ 10 3/4″ ridge height
- 9/12 & 4/12 roof pitch
- 8′ x 5′ covered portico entry
- (2) widows peaks
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board and batten siding
- Select grade tongue and groove siding
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (10) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite door with bronze hardware
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 100 series sliding glass door
- (8) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (4) large and (4) small
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.