With three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a 1,172 sq. ft. floor plan, the Chinook cabin kit is our largest and most comprehensive cabin. All of our cabins boast the classic DC Structures heavy timber look, with cedar siding and post and beam construction, but the Chinook comes with a beautiful handmade heavy timber truss that makes a bold statement.
In addition to two stories of living and entertaining space, the Chinook includes a 6’ x 10’ second-story deck and a covered porch to wile away the warm summer evenings.
Built from only the finest Douglas fir and cedar materials from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would look for in any cabin or vacation home. The natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents will add value to any property.
With hundreds of options and upgrades available, The Chinook is the perfect starting point for a one-of-a-kind getaway for family and friends, no matter where you choose to build.Learn More
- Cabin Kit
- 1,172 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Chinook is a stately heavy timber cabin with the largest and most comprehensive design of all our cabin kits. With 1,172 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this two-story rustic residence can house up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Chinook also features a covered porch and 6’ by 10’ second story deck – perfect for stargazing on warm summer nights.
Select desired size:
The Chinook Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Chinook illustrates the openness and multi-purpose design of the space. An upstairs loft can double as a master suite with an en suite bathroom or function as an upstairs office or artist studio. A sweeping covered porch is perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing after a long day. Depending on your needs, this design can be configured to match your vision for the space!
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Residential home
- Office space
- Commercial use
- Wedding/event venue
- Garage space
- Man cave / She shed
The Chinook cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 13’ 11” & 11’ 6” Sidewall
- 12’ Breezeway
- 3/12 Roof Pitch
- Tack Room Package w/T&G Wall Coverings
- 3.0 x 6.8 Tack Room Door
- Select Grade FOHC Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Columns, Ridge Beams,& Rafter Beams
- 2” x Rafters
- 2” x 6” Wall Framing Throughout All Exterior Walls
- CDX Roof Sheathing
- Rain Screen Exterior Wall Protection System w/Vapor Barrier Throughout Exterior
- Select Grade Tongue & Groove Siding
- Select Grade Cedar Board & Batten Siding
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Exterior Door & Window Trim
- Select Tight Knot Cedar Belly Band & Fascia
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates
- Black Powder Coated Finish on Select Hardware (Excluding Nuts & Bolts)
- Classic Equine Steel-Framed Black Powder Coated Sliding Barn Doors w/Select Grade T&G Wood Fill
- Andersen 100 Series 6.0 x 3.0 Gliding Windows
- Custom Handcrafted Douglas Fir Heavy Timber Corbels
- Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction From Our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (Upon Request)
Full material lists for each model can be found below:
The ChinookView Materials
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materialsstandards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.
REQUEST A FREE DIGITAL CATALOG
Start planning the barn of your dreams with the latest DC Structures product catalog, containing loads of information on pricing, materials, options and upgrades, photos, videos and more.