With three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a 1,172 sq. ft. floor plan, the Chinook is our largest and most comprehensive cabin kit. All of our cabins boast the classic DC Structures heavy timber look, with cedar siding and post and beam construction, but the Chinook comes with a beautiful handcrafted heavy timber truss that makes a bold statement.
In addition to two stories of living and entertaining space, the Chinook includes a 6’ x 10’ second-story deck and a covered porch to wile away the warm summer evenings. Built from only the finest lumber from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would look for in any cabin or vacation home. The natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents will add value to any property. The Chinook also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.Learn More
- Cabin Kit
- 1,172 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Chinook is a stately heavy timber cabin with the largest and most comprehensive design of all our cabin kits. With 1,172 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this two-story rustic residence can house up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Chinook also features a covered porch and 6’ by 10’ second story deck – perfect for stargazing on warm summer nights.
Select desired size:
The Chinook Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Chinook illustrates the openness and multi-purpose design of the space. An upstairs loft can double as a master suite with an en suite bathroom or function as an upstairs office or artist studio. A sweeping covered porch is perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing after a long day. Depending on your needs, this design can be configured to match your vision for the space!
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Chinook cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 22′ 10″ ridge height
- 12/12 roof pitch
- 24′ x 14′ loft with 6″ x 12″ select grade Douglas fir beams, 2″ x 12″ floor joists, 1-1/8″ tongue and groove floor sheathing
- 3′ 6″ stair package with handrai
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, rafter beams and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- (1) 6′ x 10″ deck with select tight knot cedar handrail
- (1) 6′ x 36′ covered shed roof
- (2) 12′ gable dormers with windows
- (1) 18′ shed dormer with windows
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (14) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (4) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors with bronze hardware
- (1) Custom handcrafted select grade Douglas fir heavy timber truss
- (6) Custom handcrafted select grade Douglas fir heavy timber knee braces
- (10) Custom handcrafted select grade Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The chinook Standard Options
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Our traditional cedar deck option is perfect for clients seeking a simple yet attractive deck for their structure.
A gable dormer is a roofed structure that sits on a sloped roof and forms a triangular shape at the top.
Designed with a single slope roof, a shed dormer is an aesthetically appealing and practical addition to any structure.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
King Post Truss
Our king post timber truss is a straightforward, yet attractive truss option that’s perfect for interior or exterior applications.
Flat Panel Door
Made from premium quality Knotty Alder, this flat 2-panel, 6 lite Craftsman-style door adds charm to any heavy timber structure.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More