With three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a 1,172 sq. ft. floor plan, the Chinook is our largest and most comprehensive cabin kit. All of our cabins boast the classic DC Structures heavy timber look, with cedar siding and post and beam construction, but the Chinook comes with a beautiful handcrafted heavy timber truss that makes a bold statement.
In addition to two stories of living and entertaining space, the Chinook includes a 6’ x 10’ second-story deck and a covered porch to wile away the warm summer evenings. Built from only the finest lumber from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would look for in any cabin or vacation home. The natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents will add value to any property. The Chinook also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.Learn More
- Cabin Kit
- 1,172 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Chinook is a stately heavy timber cabin with the largest and most comprehensive design of all our cabin kits. With 1,172 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this two-story rustic residence can house up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Chinook also features a covered porch and 6’ by 10’ second story deck – perfect for stargazing on warm summer nights.
Select desired size:
The Chinook Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Chinook illustrates the openness and multi-purpose design of the space. An upstairs loft can double as a master suite with an en suite bathroom or function as an upstairs office or artist studio. A sweeping covered porch is perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing after a long day. Depending on your needs, this design can be configured to match your vision for the space!
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
The Chinook cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 22′ 10″ ridge height
- 12/12 roof pitch
- 24′ x 14′ loft with 6″ x 12″ select grade Douglas fir beams, 2″ x 12″ floor joists, 1-1/8″ tongue and groove floor sheathing
- 3′ 6″ stair package with handrai
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, rafter beams and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- (1) 6′ x 10″ deck with select tight knot cedar handrail
- (1) 6′ x 36′ covered shed roof
- (2) 12′ gable dormers with windows
- (1) 18′ shed dormer with windows
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (14) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (4) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors with bronze hardware
- (1) Custom handcrafted select grade Douglas fir heavy timber truss
- (6) Custom handcrafted select grade Douglas fir heavy timber knee braces
- (10) Custom handcrafted select grade Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.