A-Frame Cabin Kit
The Mazama A-Frame Cabin Kit is a studio-sized cabin design with all the warmth and distinction you could want in a personalized A-frame. This charming cabin kit offers 495 sq. ft. of conditioned living space, making it one of our smaller pre-engineered building models yet one of our most captivating. Inside this compact structure, you’ll find an open concept living space with a small kitchen, dining area, and place for a bed or couch, along with a full bathroom and utility room.
Like the Wallowa, we use a combination of heavy timber rafters, structural insulated panels, and wall studs to form the structural frame. Our hybrid approach offers superior insulation and performance for your structure while highlighting the premium heavy timbers in your living space. Our standard Mazama A-Frame Cabin Kit comes with highly detailed engineered blueprints, Douglas fir framing lumber, tongue and groove roof decking, hardware, and much more. With our wide selection of options and upgrades, you can transform your Mazama into a custom A-frame cabin that’s uniquely yours from top to bottom.
- A-Frame Cabin
- 495 sq. ft.
- 1 Bedroom
Select desired size:
This A-frame cabin kit features everything clients could want in a studio-sized structure, including stunning window walls, tongue and groove ceilings, and a cozy 274 sq. ft. deck outside the entrance. Clients can enjoy dramatic vaulted ceilings throughout their Mazama cabin — a detail owed to its one-story design and hybrid construction method. This cabin kit can be used for several unique purposes, from backyard ADUs to resort cabins, vacation getaways, music studios, and more. No matter your vision, our talented in-house design team can help you craft an A-frame cabin that perfectly suits your property, style, and needs.
Select desired size:
Mazama Floor Plan Details
The Mazama offers a studio-sized floor plan perfect for clients seeking a vacation rental, detached mother-in-law suite, or private workspace to add to their property. This cabin kit offers 495 sq. ft. of conditioned living space plus a 274 sq. ft. covered deck that you can enjoy year-round. The sample floor plan for this model includes an open-concept living, kitchen, and dining space with vaulted tongue and groove ceilings, a full bathroom, and a utility room. With the help of our designers, our clients can easily modify this cabin kit to include an upstairs loft, garage, additional bedrooms, or anything else they envision.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Custom Home
- Income Property
- Cabin or Beach House
- Guest House
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Mazama A-Frame Cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 25′ – 0″ Ridge Height
- 600 sq/ft Crawl Space with TJI joists & 1-1/8″ T&G Edge Gold Floor Sheathing
- 18/12 Roof Pitch
- 110 sq/ft Drop Ceiling 2″ x 10″ joists & 3/4″ Floor Sheathing
- Select Grade FOHC Douglas Fir and Glulam Heavy Timber Columns & Ridge Beams
- 4″ x 10″ FOHC Douglas Fir Rafters
- 2″ x 6″ Select Grade T&G roof decking with 7/16″ OSB Sheathing
- 2″ x 12″ Over-framing Rafters with 5/8″ CDX Sheathing
- All Interior Wall Framing (per standard plan)
- 2″ x 6″ Wall Framing Throughout All Exterior Walls
- Custom Concealed Structural Knife Plates w/ Anchor Bolts
- Black Powder-Coated Finish on Exposed Post & Beam Hardware (Excluding Nuts & Bolts)
- 295 Sq. Ft Main level Deck w/ Select Tight Knot 2″ x 6″ Cedar Decking, 2″ x 12″ Pressure Treated Joists, & Select Tight Knot Cedar Trim
- Andersen 100 Series Window Package
- Andersen E-Series 6.0 x 6.8 French Door
- (2) Sets of Blueprints Based on Standard Engineering (County specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital Set of Completed Blueprints w/ Standard Structural Details
- Builder Support Throughout Construction From Our Licensed Builder Team
- Live 3D walkthrough of the final design (Upon Request)
The mazama Standard Options
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Our traditional cedar deck option is perfect for clients seeking a simple yet attractive deck for their structure.
Douglas Fir Tongue & Groove
DC Structures sources the finest select grade Douglas fir for our Douglas fir tongue and groove offering.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades