The Modern Chinook is the largest model in our line of modern cabin kits, and the only modern cabin design that offers two stories of modifiable living space. This three-bedroom, two-bathroom cabin features our signature DC Structures heavy timber look throughout, with cedar siding and exposed timbers that perfectly complement its contemporary sloped roof design.
The Modern Chinook also comes with a 6’ x 10’ second-story deck and covered patio – perfect for entertaining or relaxing with loved ones. Made with the finest heavy timbers from the Pacific Northwest, this cabin kit stuns with its natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents throughout. Whether you’re looking for a cabin or vacation home for your property, the Modern Chinook is an excellent investment that will meet your needs and delight any guest. The Chinook includes all wall framing, sheathing, siding, exterior doors, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.Learn More
- Modern Cabin Kit
- 1,188 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Modern Chinook is a stately heavy timber cabin with the largest and most comprehensive design of all our cabin kits. With 1,188 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this two-story rustic residence can house up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Modern Chinook also features a covered porch and 6’ by 10’ second story deck – perfect for stargazing on warm summer nights.
Select desired size:
Modern Chinook Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Modern Chinook illustrates the openness and multi-purpose design of the space. An upstairs loft can double as a master suite with an en suite bathroom or function as an upstairs office or artist studio. A sweeping covered porch is perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing after a long day. Depending on your needs, this design can be configured to match your vision for the space!
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
The Modern Chinook cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 22′ 10″ ridge height
- 2/12 & 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, rafter beams and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- (1) 6′ x 10″ deck with select tight knot cedar handrail
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- Loft with 6″ x 12″ select grade Douglas fir beams, 2″ x 12″ floor joists, 1-1/8″ tongue and groove floor sheathing
- Stair package with handrail
- (27) Andersen 100 Series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors
- (2) Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.