The Modern Chinook is the largest model in our line of modern cabin kits, and the only modern cabin design that offers two stories of modifiable living space. This three-bedroom, two-bathroom cabin features our signature DC Structures heavy timber look throughout, with cedar siding and exposed timbers that perfectly complement its contemporary sloped roof design.
The Modern Chinook also comes with a 6’ x 10’ second-story deck and covered patio – perfect for entertaining or relaxing with loved ones. Made with the finest heavy timbers from the Pacific Northwest, this cabin kit stuns with its natural wood exterior and heavy timber accents throughout. Whether you’re looking for a cabin or vacation home for your property, the Modern Chinook is an excellent investment that will meet your needs and delight any guest. The Chinook includes all wall framing, sheathing, siding, exterior doors, premium windows from Andersen, and much more.
- Modern Cabin Kit
- 1,188 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Modern Chinook is a stately heavy timber cabin with the largest and most comprehensive design of all our cabin kits. With 1,188 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this two-story rustic residence can house up to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Modern Chinook also features a covered porch and 6’ by 10’ second story deck – perfect for stargazing on warm summer nights.
Select desired size:
Modern Chinook Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan for the Modern Chinook illustrates the openness and multi-purpose design of the space. An upstairs loft can double as a master suite with an en suite bathroom or function as an upstairs office or artist studio. A sweeping covered porch is perfect for entertaining guests or relaxing after a long day. Depending on your needs, this design can be configured to match your vision for the space!
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Modern Chinook cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 22′ 10″ ridge height
- 2/12 & 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts, rafter beams and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- (1) 6′ x 10″ deck with select tight knot cedar handrail
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- Loft with 6″ x 12″ select grade Douglas fir beams, 2″ x 12″ floor joists, 1-1/8″ tongue and groove floor sheathing
- Stair package
- (27) Andersen 100 Series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors
- (2) Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The modern-chinook Standard Options
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Our traditional cedar deck option is perfect for clients seeking a simple yet attractive deck for their structure.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Flat Panel Door
Made from premium quality Knotty Alder, this flat 2-panel, 6 lite Craftsman-style door adds charm to any heavy timber structure.
Andersen™ 100 Series
Made with Andersen’s patented Fibrex® composite material, Andersen™ 100 Series windows offer twice the strength of vinyl.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades