The Modern Deschutes cabin kit is a small, single-sloped cabin design with a one-bedroom, one-bathroom floor plan centered around its wide-open great room. Designed in the method of post and beam construction, this cabin design boasts our classic DC Structures heavy timber look throughout, with cedar siding and exposed timbers that add to its distinctly inviting appearance.
Coming in at 756 sq. ft., the Modern Deschutes has a 20′ x 36′ building footprint that makes it easy to build anywhere. Made from the finest Douglas fir posts and beams from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would find in any of our classic cabin kits, while boasting a contemporary design that makes it highly unique in comparison. The Modern Deschutes also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, premium Andersen 100 Series windows, and much more.
- 20′ x 36′
- 756 sq. ft.
- 1 Bedroom
Select desired size:
The Modern Deschutes is a perfect home for anyone searching for a rustic cabin with a reduced carbon footprint. With 756 sq. ft. of modifiable space, this sturdy structure can house up to one bedroom and one bathroom. Vaulted ceilings and double stacked windows give the illusion of extra living space, with natural wood and heavy timber accents adding an aesthetic appeal to the overall exterior.
Select desired size:
Modern Deschutes Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan illustrates the open-concept interior of the Modern Deschutes cabin. The wide-open kitchen, living, and dining areas are perfect for hosting friends and family. A spacious bedroom and full bathroom with ample storage and closet space offer all the familiar comforts of a conventional home.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Modern Deschutes cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 14′ 5″ ridge height
- 2/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band
- (16) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors
- (8) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (2) large and (6) small
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The modern-deschutes Standard Options
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Raised Panel Door
Our standard door option is a 3’0 x 6’8 stile and rail wood door made with premium quality Knotty Alder.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades