The Modern Deschutes cabin kit is a small, single-sloped cabin design with a one-bedroom, one-bathroom floor plan centered around its wide-open great room. Designed in the method of post and beam construction, this cabin design boasts our classic DC Structures heavy timber look throughout, with cedar siding and exposed timbers that add to its distinctly inviting appearance.
Coming in at 756 sq. ft., the Modern Deschutes has a 20′ x 36′ building footprint that makes it easy to build anywhere. Made from the finest Douglas fir posts and beams from the Pacific Northwest, this design has the warmth and comfort you would find in any of our classic cabin kits, while boasting a contemporary design that makes it highly unique in comparison. The Modern Deschutes also includes all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, premium Andersen 100 Series windows, and much more.Learn More
- 20′ x 36′
- 756 sq. ft.
- 1 Bedroom
Select desired size:
The Modern Deschutes is a perfect home for anyone searching for a rustic cabin with a reduced carbon footprint. With 756 sq. ft. of modifiable space, this sturdy structure can house up to one bedroom and one bathroom. Vaulted ceilings and double stacked windows give the illusion of extra living space, with natural wood and heavy timber accents adding an aesthetic appeal to the overall exterior.
Select desired size:
Modern Deschutes Floor Plan Details
This sample floor plan illustrates the open-concept interior of the Modern Deschutes cabin. The wide-open kitchen, living, and dining areas are perfect for hosting friends and family. A spacious bedroom and full bathroom with ample storage and closet space offer all the familiar comforts of a conventional home.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House
The Modern Deschutes cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 14′ 5″ ridge height
- 2/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band
- (16) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors
- (8) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels; (2) large and (6) small
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.