Known as the smallest of our modern, sloped cabin designs, the Modern McKenzie features a studio layout perfect for anyone looking for a minimal yet mesmerizing cabin design for their property. The show-stopping feature of this model is its enormous window wall at the back of the structure, providing panoramic views from the kitchen and living room.
The Modern McKenzie has a compact 24’ x 30’ building footprint and offers 721 sq. ft. of modifiable space. Additionally, this post and beam cabin kit is designed with the finest heavy timbers from the Pacific Northwest, making for a difference you can see and feel in your living space. If you’re looking for a cabin, vacation home, or ADU for your property, the Modern McKenzie could be the perfect solution for you. This model comes with wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, heavy timber accents, premium windows from Andersen, and more.Learn More
- 24' x 30'
- 721 sq. ft.
- 1 Studio bedroom
Select desired size:
The Modern McKenzie is a fun-sized cabin with a modern, single-sloped exterior and wide-open floor plan. With 721 sq. ft. of adaptable space, this kit can be easily customized to meet your needs. High-end features such as heavy timber accents and post and beam construction set this kit apart from standard cabin models on the current market. Double stacked windows and vaulted ceilings help make the most out of a small footprint.
Select desired size:
Modern McKenzie Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the Modern McKenzie kit offers a studio-style living space with an open-concept layout for the kitchen and living areas. An attached laundry room with folding doors is located near the entry. A large kitchen with a generous eating bar gives you the ability to entertain guests, even in this cozy structure.
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
The Modern McKenzie cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 16′ 9″ ridge height
- 2/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board and batten siding
- Select grade tongue and groove siding
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band
- (19) Andersen 100 Series windows with screens
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite door
- (1) 6.0 x 6.8 Andersen 100 series sliding glass door
- (7) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
OUR STANDARD OPTIONS & UPGRADES
No cabin kit package has higher materials standards or more available options and upgrades.
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities and our relationships with some of America’s best suppliers of windows, doors and equestrian equipment to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.
REQUEST A FREE DIGITAL CATALOG
Start planning the structure of your dreams with the latest DC Structures product catalog, containing loads of information on pricing, materials, options and upgrades, photos, videos and more.