The Modern Rogue is a stunning two-bedroom, two-bathroom design that utilizes clerestory windows to enhance the natural lighting of its open-concept living space. Similar to our classic Rogue Cabin Kit, this model comes with a charming covered porch – perfect for relaxing with family and friends. With its cedar siding, heavy timber accents, and post and beam construction, the Modern Rogue offers an all-wood design that speaks to the quality of our timbers and exemplifies our classic DC Structures heavy timber look.
We use the finest dimensional lumber from the Pacific Northwest to frame our Modern Rogue Cabin Kit. These cabin kits also include all wall framing, sheathing, exterior doors, premium windows from Andersen, and much more. If you’re looking for something even more unique, we offer hundreds of available options and upgrades from America’s best suppliers of windows, doors, and hardware so you can craft a structure that’s just right for you.
- Cabin Kit
- 948 sq. ft.
- 2 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
With a covered porch and spacious master suite, the Modern Rogue packs tons of amenities into a 948 sq. ft. floor plan. This customizable space can fit up to two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The open-concept kitchen, dining, and living area are also perfect for entertaining guests or spending quality time with family. Whatever your vision may be, the Modern Rogue can meet your needs.
Select desired size:
Modern Rogue Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan for the Modern Rogue features a wide-open, modern space. This layout features a spacious covered porch, master suite with an en suite bathroom, and open-concept living, dining, and kitchen areas – perfect for hosting friends and family. Let us know what you’re looking for in your dream cabin!
This kit can be customized for several building purposes, including:
- Cabin or Beach House
- Full-Time Residence
- Income Property
- Guest House or ADU
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Modern Rogue cabin kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 16′ 11″ ridge height
- 3/12 roof pitch
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber posts and ridge beams
- Black powder coated finish on select hardware
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Insulation-ready 2″ x 6″ exterior wall framing
- 2″ x rafters
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB wall system with vapor barrier
- Interior wall framing (per plan)
- Select tight knot cedar board & batten siding on upper level
- Select grade tongue and groove siding throughout lower level
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door & window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band & fascia
- (17) Andersen 100 series windows with screens
- (2) 3.0 x 6.8 exterior grade 2-panel knotty alder 6-lite doors with bronze hardware
- (6) Custom handcrafted Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering & engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The modern-rogue Standard Options
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Flat Panel Door
Made from premium quality Knotty Alder, this flat 2-panel, 6 lite Craftsman-style door adds charm to any heavy timber structure.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades