Timber Home Kit
The Thielsen is a modern timber frame home kit designed with three bedrooms and a uniquely captivating exterior. Large window walls in the open concept living area create a bright and open space with vaulted ceilings. The ground floor also features a cozy master suite with a walk-in closet and en suite bathroom, a two-car garage, and a spacious covered patio. Upstairs, you’ll find two bedrooms, a bonus room, and a loft that overlooks the living space below.
This timber home kit is framed with select grade lumber sourced from the Pacific Northwest. These heavy timbers allow us to create beautiful interiors with exposed posts and beams. The Thielsen comes with two shed dormers, cedar board and batten siding, a decorative heavy timber covered entry, and a Pella Lifestyle Series window package.
- Timber Home
- 3,134 sq. ft.
- 3 Bedrooms
Select desired size:
The Thielsen is a modern timber frame home design that blends rustic design elements with contemporary architecture. With 3,134 sq. ft. of conditioned living space, this timber home kit features a flexible layout that can be easily adapted to match your vision. The Thielsen accommodates three or more bedrooms, with a bonus room that can be converted into an additional bedroom, guest suite, or office.
Select desired size:
The Thielsen Floor Plan Details
This example floor plan illustrates the Thielsen’s open concept living space complete with a large kitchen, dining area, and a great room with a stone fireplace on the ground level. A generous outdoor living space makes the perfect place to entertain guests or simply relax and take in the views from your property. The master suite with a walk-in closet and en suite bathroom is also located on the main level, while kids have free reign of two bedrooms and a bonus room upstairs.Request a Quote
Items Included in the Price of Your Kit
- Framing materials
- Roof, wall, & floor sheathing
- Trim & fascia
- Second story floor components (if included)
- Exterior doors & windows*
- Location specific master materials list
- Set of blueprints based on standard engineering
(county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
(pre-loaded with your personalized project management site, 3D renderings, construction documents, and a Dropbox link to your project details)
- 360 ° camera for architectural VR walkthroughs
- Limited warranty
- Builder support from our licensed builder team
- Customer support
*Does not include overhead garage doors on certain models. Some building models do not include windows and/or doors. For more information on whether windows or doors are included in your selected building model, ask your project coordinator to see a complete materials list for your kit.
Our building kits do not include installation or general contracting services. Please refer to the Construction Options section on our What’s Included process page for more information.
To learn more about what’s included in your building kit, as well as the items that are not included, click the link below.Learn More
The Thielsen timber home kit comes complete with a comprehensive materials package, including:
- 29’ – 8″ top ridge height
- 23′ – 9″ great room ridge
- 24′ -1 3/4 ” bonus room ridge
- 18 – 5″ master ridge
- 2/12, 3/12, 6/12, 8/12 and 9/12 roof pitch
- (2) Shed style dormers
- Decorative heavy timber covered entry
- Second floor with IRC rated open web floor joists & 1-1/8” T&G Edge Gold floor sheathing
- Select grade FOHC Douglas fir heavy timber columns, ridge beams, rafter beams, loft beams, collar ties, and king posts
- Select grade S4S Douglas fir 4″ x 10″ Douglas fir purlins
- Select grade 2×6 T&G roof decking over the purlins
- (3) Interior heavy timber trusses
- Pre-manufactured roof trusses in garage
- 2″ x 12″ Douglas fir rafters over bonus room, loft and second floor bedrooms
- All interior wall framing (per standard plan)
- (1) 6.0 x 8.0 Pella Lifestyle Series French door (entry)
- (1) 11.9 x 8.0 Pella Lifestyle 4-panel gliding patio door
- (1) 3.0 x 6.8 Pella Lifestyle Series full glass man door
- (1) 6.0 x 10.0 Pella Lifestyle Series French door (master)
- 4’ wide stair package with select tight knot cedar hand railing
- 2” x 6” wall framing throughout all exterior walls
- CDX roof sheathing
- WRB exterior wall protection system with vapor barrier throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar board and batten siding throughout exterior
- Select tight knot cedar exterior door and window trim
- Select tight knot cedar belly band and fascia
- Custom concealed structural knife plates with anchor bolts
- Black powder coated finish on exposed post and beam hardware (excluding nuts and bolts)
- (49) Pella Lifestyle Series windows (per standard window schedule)
- (6) Custom Douglas fir heavy timber corbels
- (2) Sets of blueprints based on standard engineering (county specific engineering and engineering wet stamp available)
- Digital set of completed blueprints with standard structural details
- Builder support throughout construction from our licensed builder team
- Live 3D walk through of final design (upon request)
The thielsen Standard Options
Designed with a single slope roof, a shed dormer is an aesthetically appealing and practical addition to any structure.
Pella® Lifestyle Series Hinged Patio Door
These beautiful wood patio doors arrive factory-pre-finished, with several prefinished paints and stains to choose from for your selection.
Pella® Lifestyle Series Sliding Patio Door
Lifestyle Series sliding patio doors are made with wood and low-maintenance exterior aluminum cladding for added protection.
Our standard stair package comes with Douglas fir stringers, treads, and risers, cedar handrailing, and a plywood landing.
Cedar Board & Batten
Our standard siding offering, Western red cedar board and batten siding will give your exterior an authentic, rustic appearance.
Pella Lifestyle Series
This high-performance window option is designed with exclusive EnduraGuard® wood protection and an aluminum-clad exterior with EnduraClad® finish.
For more information regarding our standard options & available upgrades, click the link below to visit our Options & Upgrades page.Learn More
Personalize your kit with hundreds of premium options and upgrades through America’s top-rated material suppliers
Take advantage of our powerful in-house design capabilities, as well our wide selection of available options and upgrades, to create a custom building kit that meets your unique needs.Options & Upgrades